i-Brick
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

L:TCS Story Planning Topic

5 posters

Go down

L:TCS Story Planning Topic Empty L:TCS Story Planning Topic

Post  Celu 10/3/2011, 8:43 am

Before we draw the comics, we need a story.

We planned on having a mash-up if multiple Lego Themes such as Ninjago, POTC, City, Alien Conquest, and etc.

There are two questions we need to answer.

1) What themes are we going to use?

&

2) What will happen?

Brainstorm away!
Celu
Celu
i-Brick Leader/IT Director

Back to top Go down

L:TCS Story Planning Topic Empty Re: L:TCS Story Planning Topic

Post  Legolover-361 10/3/2011, 10:53 pm

To be honest, I don't think licensed themes should be included in the comics -- after all, they do have copyrighted stories of their own. A theme like Ninjago could go either way, seeing as it does have some sort of story, but said story isn't very in-depth.

However, themes such as Lego City don't really have stories to go with them. Plus, themes like Mars Mission had awesome premises that, well, never really developed into full-fledged story plots. That said, some ideal themes for the comic series would be, in my humble opinion:

-City
-Mars Mission
-Spybotics
-Ninjago
Legolover-361
Legolover-361
i-Brick Leader
i-Brick Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherixon 11/3/2011, 11:54 am

Legolover-361 wrote:To be honest, I don't think licensed themes should be included in the comics -- after all, they do have copyrighted stories of their own. A theme like Ninjago could go either way, seeing as it does have some sort of story, but said story isn't very in-depth.

However, themes such as Lego City don't really have stories to go with them. Plus, themes like Mars Mission had awesome premises that, well, never really developed into full-fledged story plots. That said, some ideal themes for the comic series would be, in my humble opinion:

-City
-Mars Mission
-Spybotics
-Ninjago

I agree with Legolover on this one.
Cherixon
Cherixon
i-Brick Founder/Owner
i-Brick Founder/Owner

https://i-brick.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Riglax 11/3/2011, 1:39 pm

Point is, do we want these themes to be up to the date or can we use older themes? Such as old Space themes, Exo Force and such?
Riglax
Riglax

http://matanuiinc.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Celu 11/3/2011, 2:01 pm

Any Lego theme that ever existed.
Celu
Celu

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolover-361 12/3/2011, 12:05 am

Exo-Force had a somewhat in-depth story, though; in fact, Greg Farshtey wrote a few books for the theme. So we really don't need to consider that.
Legolover-361
Legolover-361
i-Brick Leader
i-Brick Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dark Hunter 12/3/2011, 7:34 pm

We can try to appeal to AFOLs by featuring some really, really old themes. I remember when I was very young, like 6, I used to go over to my uncle's house. He had this little, insignificant shoebox worth of LEGOs. Apparently many years ago somebody stole most of them.

Anyways, there were all these neat pieces that many modern LEGOs didn't have. There were wheels with suspension, a crocodile with a moving jaw, doors, windows... And so many colors. I spent endless hours over many years wit that shoebox, building and building.

I figure that featuring sets from that time period can rekindle old nostalgia and interest many AFOLs. I'll do some resaerch on what really interesting themes there used to be that we'd dont know about Smile
The Dark Hunter
The Dark Hunter
LEGO: The Comic Series Leader
LEGO: The Comic Series Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherixon 12/3/2011, 8:08 pm

The Dark Hunter wrote:We can try to appeal to AFOLs by featuring some really, really old themes. I remember when I was very young, like 6, I used to go over to my uncle's house. He had this little, insignificant shoebox worth of LEGOs. Apparently many years ago somebody stole most of them.

Anyways, there were all these neat pieces that many modern LEGOs didn't have. There were wheels with suspension, a crocodile with a moving jaw, doors, windows... And so many colors. I spent endless hours over many years wit that shoebox, building and building.

I figure that featuring sets from that time period can rekindle old nostalgia and interest many AFOLs. I'll do some resaerch on what really interesting themes there used to be that we'd dont know about Smile

That sounds awesome.

Great idea...
Cherixon
Cherixon
i-Brick Founder/Owner
i-Brick Founder/Owner

https://i-brick.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Celu 12/3/2011, 10:08 pm

This site might help us with themes of that age.

Great idea, DH! Very Happy
Celu
Celu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum